North Wales street blocked off by electrical fire

plug-free-img.png

A recent fire in North Wales’ Glan Conwy required a street closure to keep members of the community safe and provide onsite crews with room to work.

Church Street was closed in both directions during the early hours of the morning as three crews of firefighters tackled the blaze that started in a local shop, Victoria Stores, at approximately 7am.

A spokesperson for the Fire and Rescue Service for North Wales commented that the fire began on the ground floor of the retail outlet and spread upwards through the wooden joists to accommodation located on the floor above. The fire has been deemed accidental by fire officers, who commented:

“It appears the fire was caused by an electrical fault and started in the shop front.”

The blaze torched around a third of the premises’ ground floor, and the interior of the building suffered significant secondary damage from smoke. A bedroom on the first floor was also partially damaged by smoke and heat from the fire.

Enterprises operating from commercial buildings have a duty to carry out fire risk assessments onsite. Qualified commercial electrical contractors in Chester, North Wales and other parts of the UK have the necessary skills, experience and certification to fit fire alarm systems and devices, such as smoke detectors, in line with safety legislation.

Engineers from Scottish Power also attended the incident on Church Street. Called in by the North Wales Fire Service, the engineers assisted by isolating the electrical supply while crews extinguished the flames.

Any queries?

Accreditations

Request A Quote Today

...

Unit 39, Pioneer Business Centre, North Road, Ellesmere Port CH65 1AE

03333 051576

Bundy’s Electrical & Safety Testing
Registered in England And Wales. Company Number 04738998

    Privacy Policy

    Scroll to Top
    Call Now ButtonCall Now!