Social club blaze caused by electrical fault

plug-free-img.png

A fire recently occurred at The Cadbury Club in southwest Birmingham’s Bournville. The devastating incident razed the commercial property to the ground, and the cause was determined to be accidental and sparked by an electrical fault.

A spokesperson for the West Midlands Fire and Rescue Service commented that the fire had involved the entire building, and possibly started within a light fitting.

To safeguard staff and their investments, owners of commercial properties should ensure routine electrical maintenance checks are carried out. Businesses in cities like Birmingham and Chester can use a commercial electrician to make certain that their systems are in perfect working order.

Established at the start of the 1970s for staff of the Cadbury’s chocolate factory, the club once had a membership of 5,000. Members of the community are now trying to generate support for the club to be reconstructed. An online petition has been launched by Anita Tether, who was previously employed as security at the venue’s events.

Local MP for Selly Oak, Steve McCabe, commented:

“I am very clear that the Cadbury Club is a valuable community asset and should be rebuilt so it can continue to serve the community in Bournville.”

The MP added that he hoped to meet the company that owns the property, Mondelez, which also commented on the incident:

“We recognise the important role that the club has played in the community for a number of years and, like others, are saddened by the events of Friday.”

Mondelez has also offered temporary offices to the Cadbury Club’s committee.

Any queries?

Accreditations

Request A Quote Today

...

Unit 39, Pioneer Business Centre, North Road, Ellesmere Port CH65 1AE

03333 051576

Bundy’s Electrical & Safety Testing
Registered in England And Wales. Company Number 04738998

    Privacy Policy

    Scroll to Top
    Call Now ButtonCall Now!