Site transformation starts after dangerous fire


Over a year ago, an electrical fault caused a devastating blaze at Northwich Market, which made the area no longer fit for purpose. Now, work is beginning on a temporary site for the popular market, which will see the town centre feature an outdoor green space to replace the building that burned down.

The original market building took severe damage in the fire that erupted on the morning of January 3 last year. An investigation into the incident conducted by Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service revealed the cause of the blaze that decimated the building was an electrical fault.

Operators of commercial and industrial enterprises are responsible for the people and property within their premises. While comprehensive risk assessments for fire safety should be carried out, planned maintenance should also be considered. Qualified electrical contractors in Chester, Northwich and other parts of the North West can test all electrical systems, highlighting any issues and unreliable equipment that needs replacing before it becomes dangerous and leads to serious incidents.

Commenting on the new space being developed, Cheshire West and Chester Council’s Councillor Sam Naylor said:

“Out of the ashes, the phoenix rises. We’ve got a nice open space that we are determined to put to good use to promote the town in a whole range of ways.”

The new recreational area will be based on Weaver Street and will include seating for the public, shrubs, trees and an open-sided, canopy-covered area for small events to take place after lockdown lifts.

Any queries?


Request A Quote Today


Unit 39, Pioneer Business Centre, North Road, Ellesmere Port CH65 1AE

03333 051576

Bundy’s Electrical & Safety Testing
Registered in England And Wales. Company Number 04738998

    Privacy Policy

    Scroll to Top
    Call Now ButtonCall Now!