Electrical fault believed to be behind Bradford blaze

plugs

Local fire services have revealed that one of the largest fires Bradford has experienced within the past year was likely caused by faulty electrics.

Earlier this year, on June 7, crews from all over West Yorkshire raced to take on a blaze in Bradford’s Manningham. The early morning fire began at a wholesale food distributor’s premises based on Thorncliffe Road.

While industrial enterprise owners are not bound by law to install fire safety equipment, in order to satisfy the law, they must complete a fire risk assessment. Following such an audit, it may be deemed necessary for firms to install alarms and detectors on site. Industrial properties like plants, factories and warehouses in need of a fire alarm fitter in Chester, Bradford and other UK cities will find electrical engineers well equipped for the job. Able to install the latest equipment onsite, they can also advise on the most reliable brands currently producing devices.

The incident in Manningham saw 62 firefighters onsite before the blaze was extinguished and under control, with engines coming from Killingbeck, Bingley, Fairweather Green, Cookridge, Odsal and Stanningley. The large-scale fire led to several road closures, along with many local nurseries and schools forced to close. Additionally, some of the damaged buildings were beyond saving and needed to be pulled down for the safety of the public.

Many months later, a report has finally been issued to the West Yorkshire Fire Authority, and it states that the most probable cause of the Thorncliffe Road blaze is believed to be an electrical appliance that contained a fault.

How We Work

plugs
BEST Electrical Contractors

Planning

Identifying at the onset any key issues/limitations

Communication

Holding conversations with key people throughout to discuss requirements

Delivery

Efficient management and excellent workmanship for the duration of the project

Handover

Finalising a complete, regulated job to the client’s specification with documentation

Planning a project?
Need advice?

Accreditations

Request A Quote Today

...

BEST Electrical Contractors

Unit 39, Pioneer Business Centre, North Road, Ellesmere Port CH65 1AE

03333 051576

Bundy’s Electrical & Safety Testing
Registered in England And Wales. Company Number 04738998

    Privacy Policy

    Accreditations

    Request A Quote Today

    ...

    BEST Electrical Contractors

    Unit 39, Pioneer Business Centre, North Road, Ellesmere Port CH65 1AE

    03333 051576

    Bundy’s Electrical & Safety Testing
    Registered in England And Wales. Company Number 04738998

      Privacy Policy

      Scroll to Top
      Call Now ButtonCall Now!