Local fire crews fought an industrial fire for eight hours in Woolston, Cheshire last week.
Firefighters from Cheshire’s Fire and Rescue Service were called to a warehouse unit at the Kingsland Grange industrial site around 6:15 pm on Thursday, March 19 after a fire started in a skip on a business premises.
The 20ft long industrial skip that caught fire contained materials made of plastic, and services attending used a total of 100 litres of firefighting foam to extinguish the powerful blaze.
Those operating businesses are legally required to carry out a risk assessment for fire safety. This may involve installing measures such as smoke detectors or fire alarms. Companies arranging a smoke alarm installation in Chester, Woolston or other places in Cheshire should ensure they always hire a qualified electrical contractor to fit the system and service it regularly.
Three fire vehicles worked together to contain the fire, including one in support from the Fire and Rescue Service of Greater Manchester. After eight hours battling the blaze, fire crews handed over the incident to personnel based on site.
This is not the first-time firefighters have been called to Kingsland Grange in recent months. On February 14, crews were called out after following a small chemical leak at a business on site. The area was cordoned off and the building was thoroughly ventilated. Firefighters isolated the source of the fumes, that was discovered to be an industrial dishwasher. A Hazardous Area Response Team (HART) attending the incident assessed all casualties and found none required hospital treatment.