Fire services tackle commercial block blaze

plug-free-img.png

Following a 999 call at 6.46 am, six crews were called in to attend a fire that took place at Regent House on Bath Avenue in Wolverhampton, accompanied by five fire engines and a dedicated brigade response vehicle.

The large-scale blaze occurred not long before 7pm on Friday, July 24, inside the office block situated close to Molineux Stadium, home to Wolverhampton Wanderers’ Football Club. As the fire peaked, 28 individual firefighters fought to get it under control.

Firms working in both the commercial and industrial sectors are legally required to conduct a comprehensive risk assessment at their place of business. As part of this process, it may be necessary for fire safety equipment to be installed, this can sometimes include detection solutions and warning systems such as smoke and fire alarms. Companies booking a smoke alarm fitter in Chester, Wolverhampton and other cities are advised to hire a certified contractor to install the devices.

A tweet from West Midlands Fire Service described how crews from different areas, including Wolverhampton, Bilston, Fallings Park, West Bromwich, and Tettenhall, joined forces to find the seat of the blaze and battle the basement fire in the four-storey building.

A spokesperson for the service stated that crews equipped with breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet and multiple CO2 extinguishers to quell the fire over two hours, with firefighters leaving the scene by 9pm.

Investigation by fire crews uncovered that the commercial block incident was caused by an electrical fault.

Any queries?

Accreditations

Request A Quote Today

...

Unit 39, Pioneer Business Centre, North Road, Ellesmere Port CH65 1AE

03333 051576

Bundy’s Electrical & Safety Testing
Registered in England And Wales. Company Number 04738998

    Privacy Policy

    Scroll to Top
    Call Now ButtonCall Now!