Hotel fire leads building to be repurposed

plug-free-img.png

A blaze at the Ocean Hotel in Sandown on the Isle of Wight will now see the renowned building transformed into a commercial and residential complex. The recent fire proved so devastating to the property’s structure, with many parts entirely destroyed, that it was deemed unsalvageable to serve in the hospitality sector.

Proprietors of commercial enterprises have a legal responsibility to conduct regular risk assessments regarding fire safety on the premises they operate, in order to protect not just properties, but customers and staff on site. As part of such an assessment, it is sometimes necessary to fit fire safety solutions, such as dedicated alarms systems and smoke detectors. Businesses organising a fire alarm installation in Chester, Sandown and other parts of the UK can count on qualifies electrical engineers to fit any equipment required in line with regulations.

The extensive fire in Sandown saw crews from multiple stations arrive to tackle the incident, including crews from Cowes, East Cowes, Ventnor, Newport, Ryde and Shanklin, as well as Sandown. A total of eight individual fire appliances attended, along with two aerial units, ambulance services and the local police.

An arson investigation is currently underway. Specially trained fire service dogs were witnessed searching the site, as fire chiefs worked to determine the blaze’s origin.

The hotel was built around another, known historically as the Kings Head, and retained some of the Victorian-era establishment’s original elements. Renowned guests of the former hotel included Charles Darwin and the author Lewis Carroll.

Any queries?

Accreditations

Request A Quote Today

...

Unit 39, Pioneer Business Centre, North Road, Ellesmere Port CH65 1AE

03333 051576

Bundy’s Electrical & Safety Testing
Registered in England And Wales. Company Number 04738998

    Privacy Policy

    Scroll to Top
    Call Now ButtonCall Now!