Portsmouth takeaway decimated by fire

plug-free-img.png

A recent fire devastated a shop operating a takeaway service in Crookhorn, Portsmouth.

Offering both fried fish and chips and Chinese style cuisine, the Dragon Inn restaurant, located on Purbrook Chase Precinct, was the site of an intense blaze that saw local fire services rush to attend.

The blaze started in a fish fryer at the property. Under UK legislation, commercial enterprises like restaurants and takeaways must complete a thorough fire risk assessment of their properties to ensure safety measures are in place to protect those onsite. Electrical equipment used onsite should also be routinely checked by qualified electrical engineers to make certain it is operating safely. Commercial electrical contractors in Chester, Portsmouth and other parts of the country can be relied on to perform any maintenance and safety tests needed.

The Crookhorn blaze was attended by firefighters from six different stations around the area. Once at the address, crews from Havant, Cosham, Portchester, Southsea and Waterlooville combined their efforts to battle the fire.

A spokesperson for the Fire and Rescue Services commented on the incident:

“The fire was extinguished using six breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets, two dry powder extinguishers, a delta prima branch, tactical ventilation, and an aerial ladder platform for observation purposes.”

Several apartments are located above the Dragon Inn. Although they were not impacted by the smoke or fire, as a precaution, residents were required to evacuate while the firefighters worked to quell the blaze. No individuals were harmed during the incident.

Any queries?

Accreditations

Request A Quote Today

...

Unit 39, Pioneer Business Centre, North Road, Ellesmere Port CH65 1AE

03333 051576

Bundy’s Electrical & Safety Testing
Registered in England And Wales. Company Number 04738998

    Privacy Policy

    Scroll to Top
    Call Now ButtonCall Now!